Bill Taft - 1963
November 11, 2012
Answers to *(6 out of 20) of Charley's Questions for 50th Reunion
1) My family moved to Columbia in the summer of my 6th grade year from Memphis, Tennessee. We moved so my Dad could be a professor at the School of Journalism at the University. I was born in Richmond, Virginia
2) After High School I stayed in Columbia, living with my folks while I attended the University of Missouri .
3) Bachelors from University of Missouri, Masters and Educational Specialist from University of Missouri at Kansas City. After College I worked for Kansas City Parks and Recreation Department for 12 years and then taught for 32 years, mostly High School Math. 4) Are you still working and if so what are you doing?
5) I am currently teaching part time (mornings only) at a High School about a half mile from my house. Current plans call for me retiring after this school year. I also volunteer for the Missouri Department of Conservation, mostly at The Discovery Center a nature center in Kansas City. I also volunteer as a CASA, a program designed for volunteers to work one on one with youth who have been taken away from their home because of abuse.
6) I married a widow in 1970 who had two kids, age 4 and 5, who I adopted. We stayed married for 22+ years and had one child on our own. I remarried Chris who had a son. We have married 16 years. I met Chris at a bicycle ride with a group I organized with the intention of meeting women. It worked
7) How many children do you have? When was your first child born? When was your last child born? How many grandchildren do you have and when was the oldest and the youngest one born?
8) What countries have you spent time in other than on business? What countries have you lived in outside the US?
9) What's on your 'Bucket List' and what have you done and haven't done so far?
10) Are you a veteran and if so where and when did you serve our country?
11) What is the best memory you have from Hickman High School? What is your worst memory from HHS?
12) What was your favorite place to go after school or on weekends in Columbia when attending Hickman?
13) Who was your favorite teacher at Hickman? Who would you like to see the most from the Hickman faculty and why?
14) What person from our class have you stayed in closest contact with since you left Hickman other than your wife or husband?
15) Which '63 Kewpies are you in touch with? Please give me their name and their email, address and phone number?
16) Tell me something that you have told one of your children or grandchildren that was something you learned or did at Hickman?
17) What are the earliest memories you have of places, people or things in Columbia?
18) What was your biggest accomplishment while at Hickman High School and what has been your biggest accomplishment since you
graduated from Hickman until now?
19) What do you think classmates will remember the most about you when they see you at the 50th reunion?
20) Did any teacher from Hickman High School have an effect on your life and how?
Thanks! I do appreciate your help!