Dan Neenan - 1963
Bio & Picture from 40th Reunion
DAN NEENAN BIO - 2003-08-06
• At age 9 started cutting class at Sacred Heart Elementary.
• At age 10 illegally spent advance funds as a paper boy.
• At age 15 learned how to hotwire cars for joyrides from Pat Eng.
• At age 16 thumbed numerous times to Kansas City with Flex Sabatos (class of 63’s Riches Grad).
• At age 17 kicked out of Hickman for wearing a Sigma Epsion Chi (SEX) sweatshirt to assembly.
• 1963 joined the Army (with other fifteen, 63 Hichman grads), became a trained killer. Awarded a sharp shooter medal.
• Moved to San Francisco 1967 and experienced the summer of love.
• 1968 open a poster store in Columbia, MO
on $500 loan from sister. Got married to Linda Gammon, worked my way
• 1974 opened the 9th St. Deli with Pete Neenan and Pat Eng. ($1,000 each start up capital). Customers lined up outside door at noon.
• 1976 opened Lifestyle Furniture corner of 7th and Walnut in Columbia, MO. Sold waterbeds for 10 years; upset many customers with wet beds.
• 1990 opened first Futon Expres’ store in St. Louis.
• 1997 escaped from Boone, moved to St. Louis. Opened up nine more Futon Expres’ stores (two in Chicago)
• 2003 living a great adventure, providing
comfort to our customers, teaching entrepreneurship, and creating a learning