Vicki Vaught - 1963
Bio & Picture from 40th Reunion
My answers to Charley's 20 Questions
Bio update & pictures for 50th Reunion
It has been some time since I updated my bio – much has happened. My daughter, Lisa, now 37, received her Master’s degree in Counseling and is now working in LA evaluating clients needing special mental health attention. She still lives in Santa Monica and continues to look for the right man to start a family. Mom and Dad are still “tracking” as Dad refers to it – living on County Club Drive and enjoying the life of church activities and golf – and of course fishing for Dad. Julie and David are fine and filled with family experiences of their own – We try to get together every Christmas in Columbia.
I bought a house in Kenwood California in 1995, just 8 miles from Sonoma, on a creek – far from the madding crowd – a wonderful retreat. Almost got married in 2002, but alas the feet got cold. But who knows what the wind will blow my way.
I was term-limited out of the California State Assembly, after serving 3 terms, and left politics all together for the simpler life – consulting. Actually a much more lucrative life as well – managed to run a successful firm until a seat was vacated on the Board of Supervisors in Sonoma County in May 2002. In August I was appointed by the Governor and ran for office in November winning by a substantial margin. Thus I am back in the political arena and actually loving the challenge and the ability to serve and stay closer to home instead of traveling to Sacramento.
Being an elected official has brought me much pleasure and a few rather scathing articles from the press – my newest commitment is to begin to represent California counties on the National Association of Counties (NACo) and as the circle closes the newest President of NACo is none other than Karen Miller, Commissioner from Boone County, Missouri.
Val Brown 2003-06-30
What I need for the Virtual Memory Book from you:
1) Pictures; at least one old picture from high school and a current picture of yourself And any other pictures; as many as you want to send of you and your family.
Pictures taken from grade school through Hickman HS would be exceptional KooL!!!!!
2) Something about your origin; why, when and how you wound up in Columbia and where you came from if not born in Columbia
3) What did you do immediately after you left high school in 1963 and where did you go if you left Columbia?
4) Tell me about your education and what your profession is or how you acquired your occupation and something about it
5) Are you still working and if so what are you doing?
6) Are you retired and what are you doing/have done since you retired? How long have you been retired?